Prairie County Extension
MSU Extension is a statewide educational outreach network that applies unbiased, research-based university resources to practical needs identified by the people of Montana in their home communities.
Some of the Services* and information our local office provide includes:
- Soil and Hay Testing
- Insect Identification
- Plant Identification and Disease Diagnostics
- Forage Nitrate Testing
- Home Canning Information and Pressure Canner Gauge Testing
- Montana Private Pesticide Applicators Licensing
- Estate Planning Information
- Water Testing (Domestic, Livestock, Irrigation)
* Some of these tests can be done in-house, while others will need to sent to an outside lab.
A complete list of fact sheet topics and MontGuides can be found at MSU Extension publications.
- MSU Extension website
- NDSU Extension
- Montana 4-H
- LIKE MSU Extension Prairie County on Facebook
- Accessing Private Applicator Information
- Prairie County Weed District News & Notes
- Check Credits - Click on "View Education Credits" to view pesticide credit information
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Montana State University and the Montana State University Extension Service prohibit discrimination in all of their programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital and family status. Issued in furtherance of cooperative extension work in agriculture and home economics, acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Cody Stone, Director of Extension, Extension Service, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717